Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that matters. It is what you do with what you have left.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I've got a date!

Okay, well the surgery has been set for Wed. at noon. I am planning on this, but won't believe it until they wheel me into that cold operating room. Yesterday was hard. I must admit. But, my dear family kept me laughing and I was able to spend some time with my Uncle Mike and Aunt Janice. They had already gotten here, bless their hearts, when we were told of the cancellation. So, we spent the whole day laughing and Stan made me eat all day.... LOL (men are so funny on what they think you need to do huh?) anyway, today I plan on praying and spending some time with my precious children....and my Mom. I know I will shed tears AGAIN, but I must admit, they are getting fewer. I think God knew I wasn't quite ready yesterday. I probably won't write anymore until a few days after surgery when I am home and able to move my arms. I might have to get Stan or Allie to type for me, but I promise to keep all informed. This is so therapeutic for me. Thank you for all the prayers, I can truly feel them. Please don't stop.........Like I told one of my friends earlier, I am having this surgery TOMORROW. unless there is a tornado or something. the luck I am having, I am ruling nothing out.........LOL
love, kristi

6 comments:

  1. Just remember Philippians 4:13 King James states it best:
    "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
    Sometimes we have to take one day at a time, one hour at a time and one moment at a time. This verse has helped me millions of times so I have to share!
    Have a wonderful blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi,
    When I was trying to think of something I could say I found this in my Daily Guideposts Joshua 1:9 (MSG)"Haven't I commanded you? Strength! Courage! Don't be timid; don't get discouraged. God,your God, is with you every step you take." I am praying for you and your family. God bless you Joni Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. By HIS stripes you will be healed Kristi. When you feel weak, we will believe for you. The Ramirez family will be in fervent prayer for you tomorrow! God Bless You! :)

    Raymond

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi-
    God your Father is with you and with your doctors all through this. I am humbled by your faith and know that God is using this situation for His good. May God grant you peace that passes all understanding.
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am rooting and praying for you, Kristi! Hang in there! You are a inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristi,

    I just stumbled upon your blog from FB and didn't realize what was going on with you. My heart goes out to you and I just wanted to let you know that you can add me to the list of praying friends. I, too, realize that God has a plan and no matter the situation He will guide you and your family through this. It took a long time for me to realize that (with Whitney), but He knows what He's doing and I'm so glad that you have found peace in that. Lots of hugs and prayers to you and your family.

    Michelle King

    ReplyDelete