Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that matters. It is what you do with what you have left.

Monday, June 1, 2009

God works in mysterious ways

Well, I was all prepared mentally this morning. I had my little zebra print suitcase packed to go. As I was walking out the door this morning the hospital called and said that my doctor had to cancel due to the flu in her family and she wasn't risking operating on anyone today. Totally understandable, but devastating to me. I selfishly fell apart for about thirty minutes and then I got a verse in my Bible and realized that there is a reason for everything. My dear friend Tish remineded me that God Is In Control of This!!!!!!!!!

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

so, I picked myself up and this verse is what I am focusing on today. Still clinging to my cross from my Life Group. Love, kristi

1 comment:

  1. You know, I can't imagine preparing for surgery this morning, as difficult mentally as I'm sure it was, then getting that call. Ugh! I do know, however, that your surgeon is incredible and totally trustworthy! She is an amazing doctor and you are in the best hands. If she needed to cancel, then it wasn't meant to be - yes God, take control, we trust You and we know You are the mightly healer. You are watching out for Kristi! Thank you Lord!

    ...and the reason that the stores were sold out of Germex is because I bought all they had. :) I love God's sense of humor, don't you?

    Love,

    Chesley

    ReplyDelete