Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that matters. It is what you do with what you have left.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Four Long Days

hello friends,

it is hard for me to type. I am recovering physically, but it is definately the hardest thing I have EVER done. and I know this is just the first battle. Surgery day was the longest day of my life and those who were waiting I am sure even longer. Mentally I am struggling...... I am clinging to Isaiah 40:30-31. Please keep praying for me. I could never tell you all how much I appreciate all your prayers. God's presence was with me on surgery day and still is. I felt your prayers and experienced Him answering them while I was alone in that surgery room. I will write those experiences later when I can type faster. It was amazing. I still know that God is good and I still am trusting Him, but it is hard sometimes to keep focused on that. satan keeps planting fear and uncertainty. Please pray for my mind to stay focused on the good and positive. I go back to the doctor on Wed. I will get the results from my masectomies then. Please continue to pray for my family. I will write next week. love you all, kristi

4 comments:

  1. I know this entry was hard for you to type. You are the strongest person I know! Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless you and your family!
    I think that I can speak for everyone and our prayers haven't stopped for you and your family! We will continue doing so.
    Rest dear one, rest.
    There will be plenty of time to tell your story!
    Remember God has a reason for everything and he is not surprised at anything!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi,

    I've never met a cancer fighter that wasn't tough, and you are no exception! I am humbled by your strength and bravery! Keep fighting! You won't let Satan win because your faith is too strong and you will prevail! I know it! Hang in there and God Bless you! My prayers continue for you!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris
    Called you earlier- Just want you to know how courageous and inspiring you are to us all. I love you so much. I am relentlessly praying for you and your family. When you feel like you can talk, please call me. Stay Strong-
    IN HIS GRIP
    With Love,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete