Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that matters. It is what you do with what you have left.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

thankful for my life group

Thanks to all my Life Group who prayed over me last night. I felt the Holy Spirit there. He was there. Right in the middle of that group. Thanks to my dear friend Scott for the cross that all my friends held as they prayed for me. I am keeping it in my pocket and am determined somehow to get it into that operating room. My wonderful Stan was there as were my precious parents and my beautiful children. The prayers that were said were so uplifting to me. I took the thunder that was happening as each friend prayed as a sign that God was telling me He was listening. I just keep looking at my son, who is three and my beautiful thirteen year old daughter. Remembering that I am their Mother and nothing can ever change that. Also thanks to everyone else that has reached out to me and told me they are praying. I feel really helpless today. I keep going back to Psalms 91. My doctor's apt was changed to tomorrow. I went to the grocery store today and went to one way across town hoping I wouldn't run into anyone. I cried down each aisle. There was hardly anyone in there, but I am sure the people that were there thought I was a complete nut! And those that are around me right now would have to agree that I am. I can tell you though that there has been lots of laughter in the past few days. Most of you that know me well know that I am a germaphobe. A few months ago when the swine flu first came out I panicked and went to "load" up at the store on Germx. Well, they were all sold out. I freaked out and went on e-bay and ordered three gallons!!! Won't even tell you how much I paid for it............anyway, I had forgotten all about this order. The day after I got my diagnosis the UPS guy brings this huge box to my door. I am thinking it is probably some of Stan's roofing supply stuff, but it has my name on it. I open it. And there they are. The three gallons of germx!! I just laughed and laughed and cried. Never did I dream I would trade something for that swine flu. LOL

2 comments:

  1. God bless you my sweet friend and know that you are not alone in this fight. My family and I are with you and will pray for you daily as well as my family overseas. Let's tie up those combat boots and get ready for battle. We are with you in this fight and you will never be alone. Our Savior and His Father fight with you as well as your friends. We can do this! God bless and our prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi,

    God Bless you! I barely know you from high school 20+ years ago, but from your blog, I can already see that you are an amazing person!

    No pressure if you're not interested and I don't mean to butt in; however, I have a friend, unfortunately many do, who has been through this awful ordeal! I know you are still trying to soak everything in, but if you are ever interested in talking to her, let me know.
    She was diagnosed at age 28 (with four small children) and again at age 33. The good news, she is in remission and is now 41 w/a grandchild! She is the most amazing, positive person I know. She commented that the support group she went to were all elderly women and didn't feel like she could relate. So, I wanted to throw the idea out there because she is close to your age. She is very open and uplifting about her journey!

    Let me know and you are in my prayers. The best of luck to you. mbessent@yahoo.com

    Michelle (Horn) Bessent

    ReplyDelete